Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Figuring out what works and what doesn't work

I think all of us can sit back sometimes and see that things that were working for you are just not working currently. It can be very simple in changing some of the process, or it might be something bigger than that.

added some bling
My planner has been getting a bit of an update for the last little while, and part of that is because I was finding that some things were working very well for me, and other parts just didn’t work the way that they were done. This has meant that there has been times that I have been frustrated when things were not the way I wanted them, and now I am trying another setup to see if that will work better for me. I am not sure how things will go, but I am going to try these changes.
adding some colour

One thing I did notice was that my planner wasn’t really me, so that was something that was pretty easy to fix and all it took was some washi tape and some stickers along with the dividers I was already using and some card stock for other dividers. It is amazing how adding some bling to the planner and some personal touches has made a difference to it. Having some glitter on some of the pages has helped me feel that the planner is more me because of this. I have also been able to add some dividers which some different stickers and that has also helped.

My planner is now two different planners, as I found I just had too much information that I wanted to have available. I have now set up my planner in ways that seem to be working well and that is stuff that I need when I am out and about and then the stuff that I need while working at home. I have my small ARC notebook with the stuff that I need when we are on the go, and then I have a full size ARC notebook that I keep more information in it, and that is the one that is used to track stuff at home and when I am working. Having two planners does mean that there are some things that I have double, but at least I feel better about things because I am not trying to carry everything with me all the time.

Figuring out what works and what doesn’t work does take some time, and it is just a matter of being able to sit back and take that little bit of time to figure it all out. I am still not sure if the two planners are set up the way I want them yet, and I know that if I find something isn’t working for me, I just have to figure out how to change it and see if the new way works better.



No comments:

Post a Comment