Monday, February 27, 2017

Being a friend

A friend is someone that is there for you no matter what. You will have a bond with that person and sometimes you will find how much of a friend that person was after it’s too late.

Recently I found out that a person that I went to an event with each month passed away suddenly and that is when it really hit me how much of a friend I considered her. She was someone that I could talk to and laugh with and it didn’t matter how I was feeling she was always there to help me feel better about things. She always had a smile on her face even when things weren’t going perfect for her.

Over the last few days I am have thinking about her and remembering all the little silly things that have happened when the two of us were together. No we wouldn’t spend lots of time together but most months there were the three or four hours where we could talk and laugh. Actually the laughing was something that really did happen a lot and sometimes over the silliest things which was great. When she wasn’t at the event the laughs just didn’t seem to happen as freely and I know a lot of others noticed it as well.

I saw her on the 8th of February and of course we had the normal laughs and said we would see each other next month which was March 8th. I later found out that I wouldn’t be going to the event because of another commitment but I knew that in April we would sit, talk and laugh like normal. Now I am sitting and thinking about going in April and realizing that it isn’t going to be the same but I will work on making sure that I remember her in my own way because that is how I am going to deal with the lose of her.

Since hearing of her passing I have done quite a bit of thinking and remembering about all of our silly conversations. Even when I am not really focused on the overall thinking little things pop into my head and I smile and laugh about them. The last time we saw each other we were discussing a colour of fabric that I should use for a project that I was going to start. I didn’t want to go too dark because I don’t know the final design yet as it is a mystery but of course she was telling me that I needed to go darker than I went. I have been working on this project since hearing of her passing and while sitting and stitching one evening I heard a voice say “You should have done it on black and then it would have looked like a chalkboard.” This made me smile because I could hear her saying that exact thing to me so now I think I will do the project again on black so it will look like a chalkboard.

Friends are there for her no matter what and I know I am not the only one feeling the lose as she had a couple of very close friends that I know are dealing with it in their way. For me the time I spend stitching right now is how I am dealing with her passing because stitching was one of her passions and I know she would want me to keep stitching.


No comments:

Post a Comment