Monday, November 11, 2013

Do As I Say

“Do as I say, not as I do” is a saying that so many of us have heard.

I have recently dealt with just that myself, and figured it was time to write about why I think this is so wrong. A friend of mine was on Facebook one day complaining about being unfriended by someone without an explanation. I understand that it is frustrating to try and communicate with a person only to discover that you are no longer friends on Facebook, but those things happen.

Now just a couple of weeks ago this friend got upset with me for reasons I do not know and guess what she did. She unfriended me on Facebook without an explanation, so I guess her thinking is everyone is supposed to give her an explanation, but she doesn't have to give others an explanation.

If you are going to complain about someone else's behaviour, and you do this publicly, you should remember that you should act the way you think the other person should have acted. Yes, the saying should be “Do as I say, and I do”. Don't complain and then do exactly what you complained about.

No comments:

Post a Comment