Friday, July 5, 2013

Mobile devices

I have noticed lately that more and more people are walking while looking at their mobile devices.  It gets very frustrating to deal with this type of person.

If you need to deal with a message, step aside and deal with and don't try and walk and type as it doesn't work.  I am saying this because this morning, a man reading his mobile device walked into me and blamed me for not watching where I was going.  I was trying to avoid him, but it is hard when someone cannot walk straight.

At least years ago, when people were only listening to music when they were walking around, it wasn't quite as dangerous to other individuals.  These people normally had their heads up when they were walking and listening to music. 

Now it seems that the constant flow of emails or instant messaging seems to be more important than the actual movement of the individual.  Yes, I do carry a mobile device, but if I get a message I will try and step aside to read it instead of trying to walk and read.  I know that the police were trying to get people to stop reading/texting on mobile devices while crossing the road because people were getting injured.  I have seen people start to cross the road against the light because they were too busy on their mobile device to pay attention to where they were.  I have yelled a few times to get someone to notice that the light is against them.

Yes, everyone is busy nowadays because we seem to have more demands on us, but when moving around, please remember you aren't the only one moving about.  A message can wait a couple of minutes, and it will be a saver for you as well as for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment