Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Saying Goodbye

Goodbye seems like a word that is easy to say, but sometimes it can be the hardest words for someone to utter. That is me right now, as I am going to have to say goodbye to someone that I love. The goodbye isn't because I don't love the person any more, it's because the person has passed away. The goodbye isn't even a real goodbye because this person is going to be in my heart for the rest of my life.

As I sit here and try and write this, I am remembering all the little things that happened when I was able to spend some time with this wonderful woman. She of course had her ways, but she was always willing to sit and listen to what was happening in our lives. The discussions we had were always very interesting because she wanted to understand and continued to learn right up until she died. She was someone that made me feel very welcome in her home and was willing to show me all the different projects she was working on or ones that she had recently finished.

This lady was a fighter, and now she doesn't have to fight any longer as I know over the last few months the fight was very difficult for her, but she continued on. Knowing that she is finally at peace does make the saying goodbye a little easier, and knowing she will always be in my heart helps as well.

So the goodbye that is going to be said isn't a final goodbye, just a goodbye to the body as I know she will remain in the hearts of everyone she touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment