Monday, July 30, 2012

I am who I am

Sometimes you find someone that wants you to change to meet their expectations.  I have come across this type of person and all I can say is, I am who I am, and you cannot change me.

It is very interesting to see what a person will do to try and make you who they want you to be and not let you be who you are.  In a lot of cases, if someone tries to change me without a very good reason, they are going to find someone that will fight back.  I have my own values and ethics, and theses are extremely important to me and have made me who I am.

I understand that not everyone is going to like all of me, but they have to accept that I have my values, and they need to respect that.  They also have to respect who I am and what I stand for and not try and make me someone different.

People have to understand that everyone is different and have their own views of things and even if you don't agree with a person's views, understand that you don't have to, but you should at least hear their view.  Being able to accept someone for who they are is important because if you try and force a person to change, they may change, but not the way you wanted them to change.  In my case I did change, I changed the way I dealt with the person instead of letting them change the core of me.

I am who I am, and I am not going to let someone else try and change me just because I don't meet their expectations.


No comments:

Post a Comment