Monday, April 9, 2012

Lessons learned

This last little while things have been extremely busy for me and part of it was I was learning how to manage a major project that I was project manager but also the person doing the work.  I have to admit that some days were better than others.  I have learned a lot through this process and now it's time to sit back and document what I learned and things I can improve on next time I do this.

I did learn the importance of having a list of all the tasks that lay ahead of you as well as a deadline.  I almost missed the deadline but am happy to say that I was able to complete the project on time.  Now over the next couple of weeks it will be fine tuning the work done but at least the major project is done and implemented.

What I have learned through all of this is that sometimes you need to sit back and look at things a number of different ways otherwise you will get lost and miss a lot of steps.  Having someone that you can talk things over with really does help and you can learn from each other as you go along.  Yes I was the person doing the work for the most part but I did have my partner around to bounce ideas off of as well as learn from.

Now it's time to look at all the other things that I have to complete and work on getting things reorganized so that I can accomplish everything else that needs my attention.  I have learned a lot and still have things to learn but one major project is now complete so now onto the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment