Thursday, January 12, 2012

Setting goals for yourself

January is a time to sit back and think of all the things that you would like to achieve in the new year.  A lot of people say, "I want to lose weight" or "I want to exercise more". 

The comment "I want to lose weight" is something that I now laugh at as I mentioned this to an instructor once, and he said, "But do you really want to find it again?"  Instead of saying "I want to lose weight", how about "I want to get rid of some weight".  At least, if you get rid of the weight, you may have a better chance of keeping it off.  I am made this a goal a few years, but this year I have decided I am not adding this to my stress level.

Goals should be achievable and realistic.  I have normally made goals that I hope I can achieve but end up not achieving them, and then I end up frustrated.  This year, my goals are realistic to me, so now to work on achieving all of them.  Simple, small steps is what I am going to be taking to ensure that I accomplish what I set out to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment