Monday, November 28, 2011

Roller Coaster

Some people enjoy riding a roller coaster for the fun of it.  I have never been on a roller coaster, and sometimes I don't think I need to ride one because my life seems to be a roller coaster.

A roller coaster varies in speed and goes up and down, just like life does so often.  The roller coaster that I am currently on is trying to do too many things are once and not being able to control them like I feel I should.  Yes, I know that in a lot of cases, I am my own worse enemy because instead of trying to focus on one thing and get it off my to-do list, I am trying to figure out a bunch of them at once.

It is interesting to think about my life as a roller coaster because sometimes I think life goes off the track, but in most cases it's just my thinking that goes off.  Knowing what I can and cannot handle or control is something that is difficult for me to see sometimes.  In a lot of cases, I am worrying about things that I cannot control instead of focusing on the things that I can control and manage.  Being able to sit back and think things through is something that I don't always do as well as I would like, but I am getting better at it.

A roller coaster is supposed to be fun, so I guess life should be fun as well, instead of something that I am always worrying about.  Knowing that I can accept things as they are is important, and enjoying the little pleasures in life along the way are what I need to focus on. 

Now off to enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment