Sunday, July 3, 2011

Quite Weekend

We have just spent a nice, quiet weekend together, and it has been nice to also see other families spending time together this weekend.  Yes, Friday was a holiday here in Canada to celebrate Canada's 144th Birthday.

What I did see this weekend is a lot of people have been showing their pride in being a Canadian or even living here in Canada if they are not yet a citizen.  Our neighbourhood has been surprisingly quiet, and I know I have taken advantage of that by relaxing. 

Being born here in Canada, I don't know what it's like to live in another country or even what it's like to live in a different province.  Seeing families spend a day together, is nice, in this busy world we live in.  I know that we spent Friday without using our computers, (I set that rule for this year) at all, which in some ways was hard to do, but I think it did both of us a world of good.  Yes, our blackberries were still on and if someone needed us for work we would have answered, but doing things away from our computers was nice.  I also heard that one family had a no TV rule on Friday so that the family could spend time together.  Maybe that is what is needed more often, a time set aside for a family to just be a family without all the influences of today's world getting in the way.

Well, before the quiet in our neighbourhood comes to an end, I am going to go and enjoy sitting outside for a bit longer.  Yes, the computer is going to stay inside where it belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment